
Now that I'm back from Kansas (blog entry to come) and settling back into my routine ala Manhattan, which includes sweating profusely and cursing at rats in the subway tracks, it's time for the Tuesday Music Pick.
Neil Diamond. Neil. F*cking. Diamond.
I'm not talking any new release or anything. I'm talking the live double album Hot August Night recorded at LA's Greek Theater in 1972.
Somewhere between Neil's gritty crooning, the acoustic guitar, piano & full orchestra, I am transported back to my early childhood living room where my mother gets down to Cherry, Cherry and Sweet Caroline *.
Do yourself a favor, dust this album off (or download choice tracks) and give it a grown-up listen. And, while you're at it, riddle me this, why does it look like an imaginary creature is bl*wing Neil Diamond on the album cover? I've always wondered...
* My mother almost named me Caroline after this song. Can you imagine? Seriously.
Oh my. That really is a strange cover.
ReplyDeleteNEIL! NEIL NEIL NEIL NEIL!!!! I'm crazy for Neil!
ReplyDelete(but, boy, he is extra gross on that cover...)
Also, now that you have a blog, you need bitchy, demanding blog commenters. So, where is the link? Or the tracks? You have convinced me to listen, and now I have to open a google window and search all by myself!?!?! =P